LIBRARY SERVICE UPDATE - July 1, 2020
**45-Minute In-Library Sessions Now Available **
A limited number of 45-Minute In-Library Session reservations are now available at all locations, with the exception of Alvar Library and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library.
• 45-minute sessions are available Mondays - Fridays from 10am - 10:45am, 11am - 11:45am, 2pm - 2:45pm, and 3pm - 3:45pm.
• Reservations are required for each 45-minute session. Reservations instructions are listed below.
• Only one reservation can be made at a time.
• A face covering/mask is required while inside the Library.
• Each location has a limited number of reservations based on the size of the building per 45-minute session.
In-Library Sessions Reservations Instructions
• Advance reservations can be made by calling the location of your choice, up to 5 business days in advance.
• Walk-up reservations can be made calling the location of your choice or by knocking on the door.
Available In-Library Session Services
• Browsing materials
• Self-service copying and scanning
• Wireless internet and printing
• Computers, printing from computers, and computer assistance
• Physical newspapers and magazines
• Meeting room access
Additional information can be found on the In-Library Sessions webpages
Contactless Pick-Up & Drop-Off Service will continue to be offered at all locations.
LIBRARY SERVICE UPDATE - June 19, 2020
DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. LIBRARY CONTACTLESS PICK-UP & DROP-OFF SERVICE
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library will offer Contactless Materials Pick-Up & Drop-Off Service on Mondays & Wednesdays from 10am - 1pm beginning Wednesday, June 24.
LIBRARY SANITIZING SERVICE - EARLY CLOSING SCHEDULE
The New Orleans Mosquito, Termite, and Rodent Control Board will visit Library locations to perform additional sanitizing services. To facilitate this service, Libraries must end Contactless Materials Pick-Up & Drop-Off Service at 2:30pm on their scheduled service day.
Please note the Early Closure Schedule.
TAKE & MAKE CRAFT KITS FOR KIDS
The Library has created craft kits for children to take and make at home. Beginning, Monday, June 22, all Library locations have a limited number of craft kits available with each kit containing items to create a craft and an instruction sheet. Additional supplies may be required and will be noted on the instruction sheet. For more information, visit the Take & Make Craft Kits webpage.
LIBRARY SERVICE UPDATE - May 22, 2020
Follow the steps below to enjoy our new Contactless Pick-Up and Drop-Off service.
Step 1 - PLACE A HOLD - Explore our online catalog and place items on hold online or by calling any Library location.
Step 2 - CALL - Once you've been informed that your materials are ready for pick-up, call the location where you put the items on hold to receive location-specific contactless pick-up instructions. Materials will not be ready until after you call the location. Please note some items may take longer than normal to be ready for pick-up.
Step 3 - ENJOY - Late fines are not being incurred at this time so enjoy your materials a little longer than usual if you like.
Step 4 - RETURN - Return the materials to the Library by placing them in the return containers located outside. Returned materials will remain quarantined for a period of at least 96 hours (4 days).
Step 5 - REPEAT - Do it all over again. Place more items on hold and come see us again. We've missed you.
Additional information related to expanding services can be found on the Library Service Update page.